Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scooby, Scooby- Doo, I love you!

Scooby, Scooby- Doo, I love you!
I consider Scooby Doo a friend. Why you ask? He is always there for me when I need him.
My children will do ANYTHING for 1 hour of Scooby- Doo vegging time. We stopped at the DI today to look for pants for the girls (no good luck) but we walked by the $1.00 videos and Elinor found a Scooby-Doo video and asked if we could get it. Yes-- it is totally worth it. We got home and the kids wanted to watch it.
Have you got your stuff done?
No of course they didn't have their stuff (mostly school stuff) done, because they were definitely dragging today. Um, dragging is the nice way of putting it. Obstinate would be more accurate. In their defense I have been reading a book about Joseph Stalin and I think it is depressing me big time, so I probably wasn't in the best mood either.
Anyway, I'm pretty strict about how much the TV is on (well, almost no TV, but I'm talking videos and DVDs) so Scooby sends out a calming influence to everyone in the house- including me!

1 comment:

The clarkes said...

Scooby is a definite friend at my house too. :) I don't get it, but my kids love it. Especially my 3 year old
Cindy