Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happiness Is. . .

Happiness is resting at home after the annual Primary program in Sacrament Meeting. It went very well. The children sang, the moms cried and all was as it should be.
I wasn't the presidency member in charge of writing the program or figuring the seating chart and yet I felt quite nervous. I had to keep reminding myself that I've never seen a "bad" Primary program. And I've never seen one that was any better than any other. Which means they are all good and why should ours be any different. They always come together no matter how much the leaders worry.
Happiness is watching your little man learn how to walk. FINALLY. He is by no means steady, but he has taken official step. He is 16 months, so it's time.
At least the Dr. doesn't worry about my babies "slow development" since all of them are such late walkers.










Happiness is having best girlfriends to play with and giggle hysterically.















Happiness is playing with super cute kittens.
Admittedly, Abe and I are Bob Barker's worst nightmare. We don't have our cat spayed and consequently we regularly have litters of kittens. The kids play with them for a couple of months and then we give them away. I know-- its terrible. I'm sorry if we offend you. We offend ourselves, but we just haven't done anything about it.
So the kids make all sorts of beds for the kitties and short little leashes and furniture in the doll house for them. They are very gentle with them and no kittens were hurt in the taking of this picture. This is how we homeschoolers ensure friends for our children-- children are drawn to our house (and the kitties) like a moth to the flame.
Happiness is getting to snuggle on the couch with a good friend while watching a movie.
The dress Faith is wearing is one we recently found that was my "german dirndle" I wore when I was a little girl. Its her new favorite outfit. Which I prefer to some of her other favorite outfits as of late.

This kind of picture will only be cute for another year or so. Then it will be many more years before I will be comfortable watching my little Faith snuggle on the couch with a boy! But for now--its ADORABLE!


Finally, happiness is watching a true love story with your sweetheart. Might I highly recommend A&E's Victoria and Albert. Abe and I both really enjoyed it this weekend. I'm not a super crier in movies, but this one really gets to me. Keep the tissues close by.

6 comments:

Baden Fox said...

Betsy,
I don't get what Bob Barker has to do with kitties... if Bob Barker is who I think he is. Baden and I watched Victoria and Albert a couple of weekends ago and we LOVED it! It is my kind of movie- a realistic romance, history, politics, not too much action. Basically, if a movie has carriages and a ball in it I will probablly like it. I'm glad your program went well. I generally agree with you that you can't mess up a primary program, but after our practice today I am not so sure. The kids won't sing! AAAAHHH!

Mothership said...

Could that kid in the argyle sweater be any cuter?? Love it.

I loved when she asked him to marry her. Very well acted.

And when he told her he loved her--after all those years.

My husband would NEVER watch that movie with me. Oh, well. Grandma Fox did a good job for the wives of her sons.

Betsy Fox said...

At the end of the Price is Right Bob Barker always said, "Don't forget to help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered."

I'm sad to say I LOVED the Price is Right when I was a kid (during the summer), so I can remember the line verbatim. Sad.

Abe Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abe Fox said...

The deleted comment was me....I was responding to Mary with a similar comment, but Bets.....you quoted Bob exactly.....and I was a little off.

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on happiness. It should be very much helpfull.

Thanks,
Karim - Mind Power