Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thoughts for the evening

I know I can't dance. I've often joked that the root of all my problems is that I never took dance lessons. But. . . there is this show. So You Think You Can Dance. I love it. LOVE IT! I think I've missed about 4 episodes total in the last five years. There. Now you know. Season 6 started tonight. Oh joy!

I was walking in my neighborhood this evening with Cannon and Faith in the stroller and our dog, Winston, on his leash. One of my little primary boys came running over to me and with a look of confusion and astonishment he said to me, "You are a Primary teacher. AND you have kids? AND you have a dog?"
As if I couldn't possibly have any more jobs than teaching in Primary. It made me smile and it made me feel like I was quite remarkable to do so many things!

Day two of school went better. Clark started a science course he is doing with an online school. He said he loved it, even though he doesn't care that much about water (topic of the first couple of lessons). He said, it was great, even though it was a little too "Go Green" for him with all the conservation fluff. Yeah, I hear you. It isn't easy being green. You blend in with so many ordinary things.

Cannon did have one good night's sleep when we got home from Spokane, but last night he was just a wee bit clingy and was happiest sleeping right on top of me. This goes against my sleeping motto: "We all sleep better when we don't sleep together".

Good night. I must sleep.

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

Betsy, you CAN dance......lest anyone ever forget.......You, my dear, are the "Cha-Cha-Queen" and almost won a BYU Cha-Cha-Cha Contest.

If ONLY they had SYTYCD (So think You Can Dance) auditions back when we were in college........who knows how far you could have gotten. Maybe Vegas, Maybe Beyond. If Only......