Friday, October 30, 2009

Abuelo y Espanol


Abuelo y Espanol.

Grandpa comes to help us with Spanish 2 or 3 times a month. We are using an online Spanish course that we quite like, called Power Speak.
Grandpa brings his laptop and the kids all squish around him on the couch and we try to learn Spanish.

There are two tricky factors to work around.
Factor#1 is the Cannon factor. This little boy is beyond adored around here. But, he is quite a busy, active, loud, fiesty, determined, squirmy little dude. I haven't had a baby like him before. Just think the opposite of Faith and that is Cannon! Like I said, we love him and he is so funny and interactive, but the Cannon factor is real and must be planned for.

Factor #2 is how fun it is to have Grandpa here and how much fun he is to show off for. Basically it looks like I have zippo discipline and kids are bouncing off the walls and getting seriously wound up. My dad probably wonders how it is that I haven't lost my mind being with them all day. But I swear, Dad, they aren't like that all day. You bring it out of them:P Here, look at the pictures to prove it:

See. . he is doing math. That's discipline, right?















Oh, and here Bethany is kindly helping Elinor with her math. We do have moments of peace. I'll have to think about how to encourage the peace and calm during Spanish lessons.

However, Dad, it would help if you didn't act out Spanish bull fights for them anymore! That seems to rile them up :P

No comments: