Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Lone Man

Abe here. This is for all intents and purposes Betsy's blog, and I get to read it, enjoy it and make lame comments in the comments section........but I just had to put something up tonight.

You see, for the next THREE nights (and basically four days, counting today) I will be "A Lone Man". This is the longest separation from one another we have experienced in over 6 years, and I do not like it!!! I know, Bets, I know, you will have a splendid time, and the kids and I will be just fine, but......as Henry Higgins put it:

[Dang]! [Dang]! [Dang]! [Dang]!
I've grown accustomed to [your] face.
[You make] the day begin.
I've grown accustomed to the tune that
[You] whistle night and noon.
[Your] smiles, [your] frowns,
[Your] ups, [your] downs
Are second nature to me now;
Like breathing out and breathing in.......
I've grown accustomed to [your] look;
Accustomed to [your] voice;
Accustomed to [your] face.

Betsy, I am missing you Oh-So-Terribly already, and it is just the first night.

I love you.

Abe

P.S. And I do not care how mushy this is and how many people may view this blog-post........in fact, I want this to go internet-viral!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Amy F. said...

Where has she gone?? I hope you survive. :) It brings a smile to my face thinking of men living what their wives do for a few days. I have been spouse-less myself lately. Jesse's in Spokane Mon-Friday until we move. It stinks. It's better to be under one roof. Absence makes the heart grow fonder though!!

Betsy Fox said...

Oh, you made me cry! I love you. I am having a marvelous time and I thank you for encouraging me to go.

Ali said...

How sweet! They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Bets - Glad you are having so much fun!

Baden Fox said...

Oh that was so sweet!!! Where is Betsy?

Betsy Fox said...

I am in Cedar City and St. George area. A friend invited me to join her for the fall Shakespearean Festival. How fun for me!

Abe Fox said...

She is home!!! We survived!!! All is well!!!

Matt and Misty said...

This is the sweetest thing that I have ever seen. You know that you have it all when you love someone that much. You guys are awesome and I aspire to be like you one day.

Mothership said...

My favorite thing about this post is the fact that you quoted a musical--and I'm sure that you didn't have to look up the lyrics first!