Friday, November 6, 2009

An Evening Well Spent

We had our Primary Talent Show this evening and I was so pleased with how it turned out. Sorry, I don't have pictures to post-- I was too busy enjoying the show. Plus, our camera has never been the same since an unfortunate incident with sand in Oregon this summer.
Abe was the Master of Ceremonies, complete with "groaner" jokes. We had 25 acts, with a great variety. Clark did some TaeKwonDo. He let me help out with his one-step sparring and I got to make a death face when he took me out. Bethany played violin, and Elinor did piano.
What a delightful way to spend an evening. It was fun to connect with our fellow ward members and cheer for each other. Of course I'm biased, but I thought Abe did a fabulous job as MC. He did get another gig to help out with an upcoming Elders' Quorum Iron Chef style soup cook off. The secret ingredient is SALT!

This afternoon we headed to a park for the kids to play and for me to enjoy some time with a wonderful, neighbor-friend. I realized I was a bit starved for some adult conversation. We don't have quite as many homeschool club/activities going on this semester as last year. I am enjoying the lighter schedule, but I am missing the involvement with other amazing women. I'll have to think about how to balance that. Truth be told, I'm just afraid to take Cannon out to many places. He frightens me.

After the talent show we came home and finished reading Around the World in 80 Days. We really liked it. That is our next kids' book club book.

1 comment:

camfox said...

No surprise that Abe was a fabulous MC. That's one of his callings in life, isn't it? About the sand in the camera. Try this. Buy one of those cans of air that they sell at office supply stores, for dusting keyboards and such, and blast the seams in the camera. It worked for my dad. We lost a camera to sand once too. :(