Saturday, November 21, 2009

Italian Thanksgiving

It was the third (or fourth, no one could remember) annual Italian Thanksgiving at the Clarks with our book club.

The food-- DIVINE

The company-- THE BEST

I praise the day that Christine bought her Bucco di Beppo cookbook and first had the idea of an Italian Thanksgiving.




The meal is always the same:
Betsy: foxylicious salad
Jennilyn: to-die-for-bread
Andrea: paper products (pretty ones)
Christine: personal pizzas for the kids, marinara sauce, pasta, meatballs, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (they may not be Italian, but who cares? They're yummy), and MACARONI-and-CHEESE--You would have to taste it to believe just how good it is. I think I would love to eat her macaroni and cheese everyday for the rest of my life. I would weigh 500 lbs if I did, but it is so good. . . it might be worth it.


Alan and Abe. Abe is usually the photographer, so we had to get one with him in it. I would be the photographer more often, except the camera and I are still fighting. It hates me. That's okay. . . I hate it, too.











Andrea and Christine. Christine really does the lion's share of the work. But let this be a lesson to NEVER start a tradition that requires you to do most of the work. I'm sorry Christine, you are just too good of a cook. If you make yucky food, we wouldn't expect you to do it anymore! Word to the wise.








One more picture.

Notice how Cannon is securely strapped in his stroller.

We did let him out his confinement at regular intervals, but the Clark's house is WAY fancier than our house and Cannon was finding WAY too many fun things to destroy.
This was a better arrangement for everyone involved.

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

I really think this was at least our 4th Italian Thanksgiving at the Clarks (Definitely 2006, 2007, 2008, now 2009).

What did we do as a group in November 2004 & 2005?

What a great tradition!!