Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unbelievable Fall Weather

We are enjoying a long stretch of unseasonably warm fall weather. The kiddos were anxious to get out and enjoy it.

Abe's parents gave these tricycles and wagons to the kids when Clark and Bethany were very young. They are the best! They are strong enough that even I can ride them. It's not very pretty. It may seem silly that even my older kids still enjoy them, but they do. They were pulling Cannon and Faith around in them today. They padded the wagon with leaves so the little ones could have a comfy ride.

Cruising the neighborhood with his big brother. Life is good.
















Bethany and her friends took Faith and Cannon to play at the neighborhood park for a little while. Faith loves to play with the big girls.













And what were these two doing collecting all those sticks?

I don't know. I tried to ask them, but neither could give me a good explanation of the purpose of the sticks. But they played with them for a long time. Once again, proof that kids don't need the latest and greatest techno-toys. Just give them a pile of sticks and call it good. This could save me some money for Christmas!

My sister runs a business (sweetcheeksbabydesign.com)--go check it out. Anyway, she orders a lot of products and gets tons of boxes. She wasn't sure what do do with all of them. I said, "BRING THEM HERE! My kids love to play with cardboard boxes!" Nothing makes you feel like a good parent like giving your kids a huge pile of trash to play with.

1 comment:

camfox said...

cute pics, fun times.