Saturday, December 12, 2009

Love Grows

Oh, yummy! Faith was a bunny in the Snow White ballet last night. She hopped right out onto the stage and did her little dance. I think it might have been the cutest thing I have seen. EVER. She loved it.















But this little guy is the funniest thing I've seen. He saw that the camera was out and in action. He kept darting in front of Faith and giving us his big cheesy grin.












He never misses an opportunity to have his picture taken.

Just seeing the camera lying on a table induces a chorus of "cheese. . . cheese. . . cheese" from our little ham.











Do you think he needs more attention?

Which brings me to my next point.

As you add more and more children to a family, each kiddo gets a little less parental attention than did the previous. There are no more hours added to the day just because another person is added to your family. It's kind of sad for the parent, because its fun to dote incessantly on each little creature, but there are plenty who would argue that it is a bad/sad thing for the younger children.

I beg to differ. Exhibit A:

Clark GUSHING over Faith in her costume; hugging her and telling her she looks so cute.

Exibit B:












Does this look like a bunny who is starved for affection?.

Are you kidding? Faith and Cannon have built in playmates every moment of their waking lives. I was never that fun for Clark, Bethany, or Elinor.

That is how a family works. We all love and help take care of each other. There is not a finite amount of love a family can have. It grows to include every member. It seems to multiply exponentially with each addition.

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

She does look pretty darned cute. The costume is SO adorable. I wish we could have been there to see her in action. Love does grow!! I agree. Jessica has such a great life, and you didn't mention the toys!! Alexis had a wooden spoon for a hobby horse, and Jessica has her own toy store in our playroom!!!

Matt and Misty said...

Oh I am so sad that I missed Faith's dance recital! I have never seen a liitle girl more excited about dancing. I really am sad that I missed it :( hopefully I will be able to see one in the future. I am crazy about that little girl!