Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let the Television Watching Begin

Did you know there are only twelve days left before the Olympics begin? Do you remember that I am OBSESSED with the Olympics? Some people think the Winter Olympics are lame compared to the Summer Olympics. Whatever. I will religiously watch any and all Olympic events that are broadcast at anytime of the day or night (love that DVR). Iceskating, skiing, bobsled, skeleton, hockey, curling. Seriously, any Olympic event enthralls me. Why is this? I am not normally a sports person at all. I am the ultimate fair-weather fan, and I'm proud of it. But the Olympics-- I can't get enough.

But my TV watching has begun in earnest this weekend. Did you know the U.S. Figure Skating National Championships finished up this weekend? That is just a step away from the Olympics, so of course, I had to watch that too. I even watched ice dancing. Are you embarrassed for me?

And then, the grand-daddy TV event of them all; a new 6 hour masterpiece theater production of Jane Austen's, Emma. Oh, happy day! They are showing it on PBS in 3 2-hour segments. If you ever want to get me a gift you can be sure I will LOVE, get me all the the Jane Austen Masterpiece theater productions.

Good thing I'm pregnant and have a legitimate reason for extra lying down and resting time. Hee hee hee.

4 comments:

Mothership said...

I'm with you regarding the Olympics. I never watch sports (unless my kid is involved and, at their ages, it could be argued that I'm still not really watching sports), except the Olympics. I think it has a lot to do with the the type of sporting event it is, compared to the others. It is chock-full of inspiring stories, lifetimes of work for these few thrilling days. They are real masters of their games and not rich, stuck-up, spouse-cheating professionals (though I'm sure that the professionals are good, too--they just seem to think they are entitled to success on the field).

Amen.

Kelli said...

Congratulations on the baby - how exciting! I hope I'm not to late to DVR Jane Austin.

Katie Fox said...

OK WHEN IS THE EMMA THING GOING TO PLAY? I HAVE TO SEE THAT (I am a nut for anything Jane Austin). PLEASE! PLEASE! tell me when it is playing!

Betsy Fox said...

The first Emma was Sunday evening. The next two parts will show over the next two weeks on Sunday evening. I believe the DVD is already for sale- go to Masterpiece Theater's website.