Friday, March 5, 2010

Ready for Bed

It has been a most productive day and I'm ready to rest.
We pulled off one of our Primary quarterly activities today. I think it went well, but I'm never quite sure. It is no easy task to put together an activity for 40-50 children aged 3-12. The goal is for all of the children to have a good time, hopefully have some spiritual gain, keep tears at a minimum, avoid injury and not lose any children. Easier said than done. I usually end up feeling a big frazzled by the end, even after the best of the activities. My counselors are FANTASTIC and they carry more than their share of the load. But still, I feel the responsibility of so many little ones. That being said, I love our primary kids-- I think they are the best group of kids I've ever worked with. I'm so sad when any of them turn 12 and leave Primary. I know they're ready and rearing to go, but I miss them anyway.

I probably should have stayed home this evening and recovered, but I had told the kids earlier in the day we might go do something fun tonight. I should never make such suggestions early in the day when I have energy. You see, I really needed the kiddos to get on their jobs and school work early this morning so we could do our afternoon activities. And like I said, I had energy and assumed that energy would last. So, I told them maybe we'd go see The Princess and the Frog. The girls and I ended up going out for a girls' night. We did have a fun time and we all enjoyed the movie. The girls chatted away the whole way home about their favorite parts. I don't think I was the only tired one though. The girls conked out the moments after getting in bed. As will I momentarily. Good night.

No comments: