Sunday, April 18, 2010

2010 Family Pictures

It is always a relief to get family pictures over with for the year. I am quite pleased with how they turned out--thank you, Allison! These were taken at a park in a neighboring town.

Clark had a moment this afternoon when he got a bit upset with Bethany. A bit later I showed the kids this picture and Clark says, "In that picture it LOOKS like we're a happy family and we're all smiling and love each other. Not like we really are!"

Ouch! And I beg to differ! We do look like a happy family, and we are. But we're also human and sometimes get annoyed with each other and don't treat each other how we should. We're all trying our best and I appreciate pictures like this that remind me what we're working towards-- a happy family that is smiling and loves each other.

Here are the individual shots:
Clark- almost 11 years old






















Bethany - 9 years old























Elinor - 7 years old























Faith - 4 years old






















Cannon - almost 2 years old






















Here are the boys.






















The little ladies.
















The responsible party for the above population explosion.

I hope it is okay if I share this next story (and I hope I get it right), but it is one of my favorites. Abe comes from a family of nine children. He was born and raised in Spokane, WA where large families certainly aren't the norm. One day when Mom Fox was grocery shopping a checker asked her why she had so many children. I don't think she asked it in a nice way. Mom Fox is the sweetest lady you'll meet, but she's no wilting flower. She responded, "An angel told me to do it." I don't think the checker would have thought her any less crazy if she'd told her the real reason-- that she LOVES each child and loves mothering them. Well that, and she was so curious to see what the next one would look like!
In another few months we'll excitedly welcome our 7th child into our family and I completely understand how she felt. But I'm ready with a few quips of my own in case I encounter any nosy grocery checkers.


10 comments:

jkmilligan said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how big Faith looks! I'm sorry about your dog, but totally understand, at least your dog didn't wake us up at all hours of the night:)

Kathleen Jolley Fox said...

That's the true story. I should know. I was there! Love, Mom Fox I am so proud of you two. Once again, yummy family photo! I can print it off the computer to use for the Family Display on the piano and for my Grandma Treasures I carry in my purse. Thank You.

Katie Fox said...

I want to hear your ready responses, I need to get some good ones. I get it a lot with my boys but I get the pity statement of "keep trying for a girl". That may be THEIR only comfort in ME have so many kids :)

Betsy Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abe Fox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abe Fox said...

Oh, and Mom, you don't have to print up pictures......As always we will be sending you, shortly, the sizes that you always like.

Matt and Misty said...

Your family is beautiful! I just want to come and squish all of you...that is with love of course!I can't wait to meet the new little Fox man. I am sure he will just as adorable as the rest of them.

Jenn said...

These photos are gorgeous!!!! Because your family is gorgeous!!! And I love the story too...LOL :)

The clarkes said...

Great Pictures! When you have such cute kids you have to have a bunch. Here in Texas 4 is a HUGE family. I'd love to see/hear you respond to some of the snide large family comments- It would be very entertaining!

Katie Reall said...

Betsy - Your family looks wonderful and you look amazing! LOVE THE PICTURES! Sorry - I haven't been to your blog in a while - I haven't been to anyone's blogs....but so happy I went! You really do look awesome!