Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Happenings

Clark has as many Cub Scout pack meetings left in his Cub Scout career as I have months left of this pregnancy. Abe is his Webelos leader and only one other scout comes to den meeting, but Clark enjoys it nonetheless. In this picture he was the anchor for a game of tug-o-war. I think he looks a little demented here, but I'm sure it helped to intimidate the other team.






Softball season is underway for the girls who are playing on the same team. I'm so happy there has been some sunshine lately-- it is good for the soul.












Here's an action shot of Bethany's first hit to get on base.
















I'm sorry to embarrass Bethany with this picture, but she is funny. She told me she is so uncomfortable having to stick her bum out when she's batting or "ready" in the field. "But Mom, in dance I'm NEVER suppose to stick my bum out!"










Cannon was having his breakfast on Saturday and he noticed the sports page had a picture of his most favorite thing in the world-- A BALL!













We had a treat Saturday morning when Barbara brought us donuts. She and I were headed to the fabric store to pick out fabric for the girls' pioneer dresses she is making them for when they go on a pioneer trek this summer. I'll put up lots of pictures when we get them.









We had such a fun time playing kick ball with a couple of other families. It's a great game because the youngest kids could play and I even played! There was much laughing and trash-talking among the adults. What kind of horrible example is that? Actually most of the trash-talk came from Abe. Poor sport.








Today was our kids' book club. We read "Caddie Woodlawn" this month. The kids really like it. And I liked that it was warm enough to play lots of games outside. In the book there is a trio of two brothers and a sister that go on all sorts of adventures together. So we played "triplet-tag". It was like regular tag except they had to be linked together in a trio.








Faith and Cannon wanted to get in on the action as well.















The kids were hilarious in red light, green light.

2 comments:

Abe Fox said...

Sometimes, Bets......I am very envious of you and your job. All of your Kid-Book-Parties look so MUCH fun!!!

Kelli said...

I am envious as well - you must just have fun all day long. And Spring is finally here!!!!! Hooray!