Monday, May 10, 2010

Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle of Rum

We got together with some friends this past Saturday night for softball at a local park. It was great fun for the young and the not so young.














I'm posting this picture for my posterity. I am 6+ months pregnant. My mom did not like to have her picture taken and I would LOVE to see more pictures of her when we kids were younger. So, here's for my kiddos.
And I don't mean to brag or anything, but I can still hit the ball pretty hard. I ran my own bases, but I'm certainly slowing down!














Luke... I am your father.
It's just a batting helmet put on backwards. He doesn't say much that's intelligible, but make no mistake, when we told him that we were going to play softball, he knew exactly what was coming.










Today was our final kids' book club of this school year. We read and discussed Treasure Island. The boys' sword fighting was not one of the planned activities, but we didn't get going on our plans soon enough and this was the result. The huge log (lower right) made me a little nervous, as did the tree branches. I had them turn in their weapons.







I must admit that the ladies were a calmer lot today. I guess Treasure Island affects boys differently than girls.














There is a lot of rum consumption in the story.
We reenacted it the best we could. Once again, the boys really got into it-spilling their drinks, burping and all.












Then a couple more games outside.
There was also a heated game of hide-and-seek inside the house. We don't really own anything valuable or breakable, so their wasn't much risk to the house.

My kids think that because we won't have book club for a while, that we won't have to clean up the house for a while. I guess they've forgotten the last couple of nesting episodes of previous pregnancies. They ain't seen nothing yet.

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

I am jealous of your bookclub. Those kids are having fun. I could use me a bottle of rum-er root beer about now. It actually sounds good to my morning sickness tummy. I just may have to have Jesse stop at the store on the way home. By the way, you are so beautiful for being 6 months pregnant, and you can barely see a tummy bump!!