Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good Bye Cub Scouts

Clark received his Arrow of Light award tonight at his last Pack Meeting of his Cub Scout career.














Clark owes all his success in Cub Scouts to his wonderful dad.
I feel guilty when I get the pins at pack meeting, when Abe has done all the work with Clark.













I am an impostor. "[I] sit on a throne of lies" (from the movie Elf).















A great guy in the ward makes one of these awards for the boys when they earn their Arrow of Light. They can pin all their Cub/Boy Scout awards on the leather. You may notice the actual arrow-head is missing off the right side. We had a little accident in transporting it to the church. We'll have to fix that.









They have a fun tradition in our pack that the younger boys get to "kick" the Pack graduate out of Cub Scouts. The kid doing the kicking in this picture is a friend that's actually a bit older and was at the meeting with his younger brothers. But it was funny when the boys all lined up to kick Clark out and he was SO much taller than everybody else. He's HUGE! It is definitely time for him to move on to 11-year-old scouts. That three years of Cub Scouts went fast.

2 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

Woot! Woot! We may need to borrow Abe when my boys become Cubs.

Kathleen Jolley Fox said...

Congratulations, Clark. We are proud of you. Your dad figured out how to do his own cubbing and scouting, made a LIST and checked it off! I always smiled when he would pin the pin on me because I knew my son did all the work!
Love to you both-Keep on Scouting! Grandma Fox