Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Quiet on the Fox Home Front

It's 7:45 and I've been awake for about an hour. No one else is awake. The house is quiet. I've gotten ready and eaten my cereal and still, no one else stirs. This is unusual. I suppose the most unusual part is my getting up early, not the children sleeping late. We're to the point of this pregnancy that sleep can be elusive--even for me.
I took Clark, Bethany, and Elinor to see the Percy Jackson movie last night. I know it comes out on DVD next week, so we obviously aren't keeping up with the latest movies, but we had a fun time and we liked the movie. I'd spent so much time with the little ones that I was ready for some time with the big kids before they all head off to Spokane next week.
Here's something fun-- I am typing this post on a brand new laptop. I mentioned that our old one got shipped off to be fixed again. It turns out they decided to just give us a brand new one! Yippee!--15 days within the 3 year warranty. I would just like to say, blessing! Of course the new one is way better than our old one, with the addition of one more flashy feature as well. It is red. It's bright red. Like a cherry red corvette. (That's what the store had available). Just like we have no need for a cherry red corvette, we really have no need for a fancy pants red computer either, but its fun. Abe and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary this week and he keeps telling me that this computer is my computer. I was touched. Until I realized he is okay to use a cherry red laptop computer, as long as people know it is his wife's and not his. I'm okay with that.

No comments: