Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer of the Forgotten Mother

Abe began his second trip with the kids this summer without me, as I am too far along to make such a long trip. I saw them off at 5 am this morning. This time I am left with only Cannon. He is alseep right now. I suppose I could have sent Cannon along as well, but that wouldn't be much fun for anyone. Cannon is a busy little guy and Abe will be kept busy enough keeping track of the four others. So I will happily keep him with me. Besides, Cannon and I really like each other and we'd miss each other too much. As it is, he looks around occasionally, puts up his hands, and with an inquisitive look says, "Gone?" He's not letting me out of his sight. Smart boy.

I cleaned up a bit this morning and IT'S STILL CLEAN.
I watched a bit of Wimbledon this morning.
I went to lunch with girlfriends.
Cannon and I will go out and buy some hotwheels cars this afternoon.
I think I'll go read my book now.

This is really, really strange. I hope I don't get use to it.

6 comments:

Abe Fox said...

I miss you already! Take Care - Love, Abe

Amy F. said...

They'll be back all too soon! Enjoy your break! (If you can call it a break with a baby & being pregnant!)

Castiel Moyes said...

Sounds like heaven! Dustin has promised me this year for the first time he is going to take all the kids (sans baby) on a weekend trip and give me a few days of alone time at the house.....I am still waiting.

Mothership said...

Because of Justin's schedule, I am making that drive by myself about once per year. I am never left at home by myself and daydream about how much I could accomplish if I were in Justin's shoes. I recently told him that he needs to leave me at home for at least three days sometime soon!

I'm with Amy. Enjoy it! Sleep when the baby sleeps (remember when we could do that??), do only two loads of laundry for the whole week, never have enough dishes for a whole load in the dishwasher and eat what you like! (:

camfox said...

I'm missing you Betsy. thinkink of you and missing the chance to visit with you. Glad to hear via abe that you're doing well!

Abe Fox said...

STILL Missing you BIG TIME....

But I'm glad you're having some fun as well.

Love, Abe