Sunday, July 4, 2010

Emily

This is my Emily. We've been friends since our sophmore year of high school in Virgnia. She came out to visit me while my family (except Cannon) went to Spokane for a family reunion. At which reunion they have all had a fabulous time. I'm sad to have missed all the fun activities, but Emily and I have had such a marvelously relaxing few days together. I feel rejuvenated. I feel like I can make it (happily) to the end of this pregnancy. She is such a gracious, giving friend and has taken such good care of Cannon and I. I hope everyone has an "Emily" in their lives.











Cannon quickly discovered that Emily is WAY more fun than me. That is fine with me. I know I'm no fun. I haven't been for quite some time. We all spent quite some time enjoying the kiddie pool in the backyard. We never bothered to put Cannon in a swimsuit. He didn't mind.

















Emily's visit was good for me in lots of ways. She reminded me that I am not a paralytic. In my "condition" I was beginning to feel like I just couldn't move my massive self around. It took too much energy. It wasn't worth it to move and do anything. Emily LOVES the mountains and I would feel beyond guilty if she came all the way out to Utah from VIRGINIA and I denied her a trip to the mountains. I was doubtful I could do a VERY easy one mile walk around a lake (with a boardwalk, mind you!) I don't know what I thought would happen to me, but I think it involved my pelvic floor giving way and birthing the baby at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon. As it turns out, I can still walk! We had such a great time. It was cool up in the mountains, Cannon loved it and Emily can return home fulfilled.
Proof! Me at 8 months pregnant-- not on my couch.






















We got pedicures one evening. I know I do not have lovely feet, but I put this picture up so I can remember how much fun it was for us. In fact, not just the pedicure, but waking up each day with almost no commitments to have to go anywhere or do anything. This wouldn't be a very fulfilling way to live your life long-term, but it's been so delightful for a few days.
So many thanks to Abe for so willingly taking the children on such a lengthy trip and encouraging this get together with Emily and I. To have such a friend for so many years, who knew me in when I was younger and so ridiculous and boy crazy and still finds my friendship worthwhile is a wonderful thing. Abe will come home to find a much happier wife than he left.

Another great thing about her visit, was that it distracted Cannon from missing the family too much. He has yelled out a few times, "Clark, where are you?" Not articulated super clearly, more like, "Cak, are oo?" but we knew what he meant. Cannon also watch a youtube video of Abe about 15 times, yelling, "Daddy!" I think he's ready for his regular entertainment squad to come home.
I must say, I too am looking forward to being with my peeps again.

2 comments:

Abe Fox said...

Love it and LOVE YOU....and MISS YOU!!!

Inspiration Station said...

Yeah for some girl time with Emily and you didn't have to be lonely while your family was away. I can't imagine what a quiet house must have been like for a few days...heaven I'm sure. Good luck with your last month of pregnancy Betsy!