Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Let No One Feel Deprived

We took our kiddos to "Classic Fun Center" tonight. Or should I say "Trashy Fun Center". It's a place that has roller skating, bouncy slides, laser tag, a small water park area, and a few other "attractions". Tuesday night you can choose any activity for only $2 per person.
I feel compelled to take the kids out for a few fun outings seeing that
1. It IS summer.
2. I'm about to have a baby and I don't know if or when I'll ever feel like doing anything fun ever again.

Now in hindsight, I don't know that "fun" is quite the word to describe our outing this evening. Clark, Bethany, and Elinor had fun on the bouncy slides. I don't think Faith and Cannon had fun and I'm fairly certain Abe and I did not have any fun. I figure if we do something like this once a year or so that is enough. Then they can't argue that we never get to do anything "fun". Not that they do argue that point (they don't), but just in case anyone TRIED to make that argument I could point to the "Trashy Fun Center" and the $.25 ice cream cone on the way home and call it good.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, Besty: you make me laugh. :-D Building memories... difficult for the parents, but oh, so priceless. Only 2 weeks to go. You can make it.