Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chug-a-Chug-a-Choo-Choo!



We have Grandma and Grandpa Fox here to visit!  We will be blessing baby George in church tomorrow and they've come down from Spokane for the occasion.  The kids love them so much and were so excited to see them.  I don't know where Clark was for this picture, but he is still one of our children.
This afternoon our family joined Grandma and Grandpa and Daniel and Lori's family to ride the Heber Valley Railroad.  Our 1 1/2 hour train ride was a little taste of turn of the century rail travel.  The kids had great fun, and I think the adults quite enjoyed themselves as well. 
You could sit inside or out, so we did a little of both.  It was a little warmer than was comfortable, but with a breeze it was all right.  We're so spoiled with A/C. 
Cousin Kylie and Bethany were both little bookworms, but eventually they put their books away and enjoyed the scenery.
George was very content on the train-- and why not?  He got to ride in a moving, rocking vehicle, but there was NO car seat involved-- thus, no crying!  Maybe we should go back to train travel.  I guess I could ride the bus and TRAX everywhere I go.  No thank you.
Elinor and Cousin Gentri have always understood one another.  Did you know that peace signs are all the rage again?  They're everywhere--on t-shirts, on notebooks, jewelry, backpacks.  It's not like I don't want peace, but come on.  Wouldn't it be funny if every time someone gave the peace sign you made a gun with your finger and pretended to fire?  No, that probably isn't really funny, but it seemed funny to me late at night.  I should go to bed-- we have church at 9.
But first,  look at this little Mr.
Oh yummy!  This was taken right after the train started moving.  After some initial concern, he discovered he was in no danger and he was all aglow!  A 2-year old boy on a train has got to be about the cutest thing there is.
It was a really fun day with great company.
Now.  The house is clean, the food is ready, the clothes are laid out, the baby is sleeping, I'm finished blogging (for tonight anyway) and I'm going to bed.  Wish us luck for tomorrow!



3 comments:

Ali said...

Looks like you had a great time! I have always wanted to go on the Heber Creeper!

Love that George is smiling!

Mothership said...

That is cool! I didn't even know about the train. We'll have to do that some time.

On another note, is Papa Fox (my kids even call him that)wearing knee-highs? You have to love that man!(:

Abe Fox said...

Emily,

I believe those were very dark argyle-golf socks just pulled up very high.....umm....well....to his knees.....so Yes, I guess he is wearing knee-highs.