Monday, September 27, 2010

A Perfect Day


You don't get very many "perfect days" in your life.
To me, baby blessing days are perfect days.  It is the culmination of a lot of hard work-- getting through the pregnancy with a healthy baby, working together as a family to prepare the home, grandparents traveling to be with us, preparing food, supportive family members coming to share the special day with us, a husband who holds the priesthood to bless this baby.  It's all the little, somewhat less rewarding things, you work towards everyday, that all come together to result in a perfect day.
I can imagine the same feeling occurring on my children's wedding days and when their children are born.  I go to bed tonight feeling very blessed and knowing that I could never be worthy of such goodness and happiness and blessings on my own.  Heavenly Father is so good to us and I am very grateful this evening. 
Our family friend, Barbara made his blessing outfit for him.  She is remarkable.  Her daughter is our official family photographer.  She's remarkable too.
George with his Grandpa he was named after-- they share a middle name--Russell.  This is one loved baby.
Thank you to everyone who shared this memorable day with us.

6 comments:

Mothership said...

Oh, Bets. I'm glad you are having so many babies. You are a good mother--and you love being a mother. Congratulations. I know what time this posted. You must be exhausted. I hope that baby sleeps for you tonight. (:

Ali said...

This was such a beautiful day and I was grateful to be apart of it. This new little man is such a special addition to your people and to have a day to truly enjoy him and be reminded of just what a beautiful blessing he is is amazing. Love you and your family!

Abe Fox said...

I am so grateful to be able to perform this wonderful, full-of-love-and-joy priesthood ordinance for my children. It truly is one of the greatest moments for me as a Father.

And THANK YOU to all who were able to support us yesterday in celebrating George Russell Fox!!

Inspiration Station said...

He is so beautiful in that blessing outfit. What a precious baby and day for your family Betsy! Truly a blessing.

Matt and Misty said...

What a sweet post. It really is the little moments in life that are so wonderful. I wish that we could have been there. George looks adorable in his little outfit.
Side note: Abe looks quite dapper in his suit vest. I hope this little compliment doesn't go to his head :)

Amy F. said...

Oh! Georgie Porgie looks so sweet in his little blessing outfit!! He is SO cute. I'm glad we got to see him in person. :)