Thursday, September 9, 2010

Keeping it Together

Some days our home looks like this. There is love, kindness, cooperation. And then there are days that our home looks like this. But we don't need to dwell on those days. They aren't pretty and it's not something we like to talk about. So let's go back to some lovelier moments.The latest rendition of "Poor Girl". This is still one of their favorite games to play. On this day, they lived on a farm and only had bread and milk. Bethany and Elinor are at such a fun age where their play is very independent (they don't need my help) and based very much on their own imagination, not so much actual toys. This is good because I'm a little preoccupied with this little one.George. I am very much enjoying him, but as the kids recently discovered, "babies are a lot of work". Yes indeed they are. He LOVES to be held. He HATES his car seat. That is pretty typical of one of my babies.I am thankful for George-helpers. They don't have a ton of stamina, but they are very helpful for a couple minutes here and there.
Faith loves Cannon so much. I'll hear her say, "Cannon, we are best friends. Give me a hug". Sometimes he'll hug her and sometimes he'll wallop her. Fortunately for Cannon, Faith is super quick to forgive him and request another hug. This process repeats many times a day.My arms enjoy the break from holding George when Abe gets home.

No comments: