Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Night Lights

Flag football season has begun.  Clark's got a great coach and nice boys on his team.  There are FOUR homeschooled kids on his team!  Tonight was his first game and they won-- not that it matters-- they don't even keep an offical score for this league.  It really is just for fun and experience with the game.  Clark really enjoyed the evening and even caught a pass.
This is a 5th and 6th grade league, and Clark is the tallest on his team by quite a bit.  He's the big kid in the jeans.  I'm not sure why he insists on wearing his jeans to play football, but I figure he's old enough to decide what to wear to football.
Cannon immediately found a friend and this friend had trains with him!  Cannon finds friends wherever he goes. 
Here is my Pied-Piper of a husband.  He had a whole line up of children over on the bleachers.  He was doing an impromptu spelling bee and math quiz.  This is how homeschool parents check to see if there children are keeping pace with their peers academically.  The kids loved it, but I hope the other parents were okay with this method.  Abe tells me that Elinor performed admirably. 
Oh, good. 

In other Tuesday activities here at our house. . .

The next level of math books came in the mail today.  This picture pretty much captures the different reactions. 
Clark:  "Boo! I hate math!" (whatever-- you hate anything I tell you to do)
Bethany:  "It's so shiny!  I love shiny things!"  (that is an exact quote)
Elinor:  "YES!  I LOVE math!" (exact quote)
Faith:  "Why didn't I get a book?" (fortunately, her books came in the mail later on today)

4 comments:

Mothership said...

That last picture (with the dialog) is hilarious! I could have taken the exact same picture, only with different kids having the reactions. Funny. (:

christini yogini said...

Love the photos!!! Miss you so much!

jkmilligan said...

Josh is doing flag football this year too. It's fun to watch him play, we go on Mondays and Wednsdays and he is supposed to be on a team and 1st and 2nd grades, but there are a bunch of 4-5 year olds on his team so he looks like a giant too!

Inspiration Station said...

OH, this post made me laugh Betsy! I love that Abe keeps up on your kid's learning too and I love Clark's thrilled face over math. Have a good weekend!