Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Aunt Misty

 We had Aunt Misty here visiting this past weekend..  My people LOVE Aunt Misty.  More than me.  I don't blame them.  If I were them I would feel the same way. I have often heard statements like, 
"Aunt Misty is so nice".
"Aunt Misty's hair is so pretty!"
"When Aunt Misty washed our hair it didn't hurt."
"We like how Aunt Misty styled our hair."

Yep, we love Aunt Misty.  But we're not alone--oh no!
 She came down to Utah for her baby shower and she was seriously showered with gifts.  I've never seen anything like it.  I didn't know there were such cute baby things out there. 
Barbara went all out with the most beautiful handmade creations for Misty and baby.
The women came out in force for the occasion.  In this picture are Barbara and Allison, my sister and I and the Clark women.  The Cannon Aunts were there too.  I was just soaking up all the wonderful women in my life.  It wasn't a shower for me, but I felt SO rejuvenated after the visiting.
Look what a chunky-monkey I've got!! I'm so excited with each new roll!
It was so enjoyable to take my girls to the baby shower.  They were enthralled watching Misty open the gifts.  They were impressed with all the baby "bling" and accessories. 
We got to play a little "Dalmuti" with her before she headed home to be with my brother, Matt again.
"Dalmuti" is a game of ranking-- a bit like "Scum".  Faith was on Aunt Misty's team.  They stomped us.
  The little ladies did pretty well for themselves as well.
Things didn't go so well for Clark and I.  We are the peons.  Oh the shame.

3 comments:

Abe Fox said...

Hey, I was there too.....and I do believe that I rose up & toppled the very oppressive, "Great Dalmuti"-regime of Misty & Faith at the very end (while holding baby-George the whole time, no less)!!

Matt and Misty said...

What a sweet post. I feel so loved. I am so grateful that I married in to such a wonderful family. I feel so blessed to be a part of your lives and I just love you all to pieces!

Gabrielle Kim said...

We love Dalmuti - but I have never payed with hats of shame before - GREAT idea!