Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lullaby and Goodnight

I am now going on four weeks straight of walking at 7:00 am with my walking buddy.  Hooray for me!
My alarm goes off at 6:30, I wake George to nurse him and then I'm off.  It's energizing to get up and get moving.  It's theraputic to talk with a good friend for 30 minutes every morning.  I'm not seeing any difference in my pants size, but hopefully that will come when I lay off the Halloween candy.
But I am struggling with something.  I start the morning off great; we're getting right on our big 5 (getting ready), cleaning jobs, some mornings I teach piano lessons, school work, reading, lunch, practicing, playing with friends.  By about 5:00 I am DOG TIRED.  I don't know exactly how tired "dog tired" is, but I am wiped out.
So is getting up early (well, it's early to me) to exercise worth it?  I feel great and am super productive, but only for half the day!  If I slept in later I might be slower to get going, but I would be like the tortoise-- slow and steady.
Obviously there are health benefits to exercising, so it really is the way to go.  I shall have to put myself to bed earlier.  Yes, I'll put myself to bed tonight right after I fold another 38 loads of laundry on my bed, write a draft of my talk for Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, finish putting my people to bed, complete the seating chart for the primary program practice on Sunday, nurse George one last time and load up the dishwasher to eliminate stinky dish smell in the kitchen.  I guess it's not looking good for an early bedtime tonight.  Dang.

1 comment:

camfox said...

:(
I'm tired just reading your list of to-dos before you go to bed. Did you really get all of that done before you hit the hay?
Talk about being productive!
When I exercise in the mornings, it hits me mid-day, and all I can think about is sleeping. Can you ever get away with a little power nap while George is down (or is Cannon the bigger handful?)? Is that out of the question? A power nap helps me get through the rest of the day, and to be a nice mom.
I am so happy for you that you've got a walking routine- and especially that you get to talk with a good friend every morning. I could use some of that therapy. :)