Sunday, October 17, 2010

No Feeling Sorry for Ourselves

Abe and Clark and the rest of the 11-year-old scouts went on a camp-out on Friday night.  Bethany had a fun birthday party to go to all of Friday afternoon.  These little cuties were left behind with me.  Rather than sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves, we called up Elinor's Primary class friends to set up a play evening. 
We had a grand time making caramel popcorn balls in preparations for the fun. 
I believe Cannon is in "monster mode" here in this picture.  Today at church I asked him if he was excited to go to nursery-- which he loves and only has to be taken to us for stinky pants, which he calls "pooties".
Mom:  Are you excited to go to nursery?
Cannon:  Nursery--- DIE!

Ahhhh!  What?  No more weapons for you.  No more playing dead when you pretend to shoot me.  My girls just don't say things like this. 

2 comments:

jkmilligan said...

I'm amazed by you making caramel popcorn balls for a group of children when you don't have too! I don't have the energy for planning any fun get-togethers with friends, I should be more like you.

Katie Fox said...

Aaww Betsy! I love hearing that. You would be shocked to hear what my boys say. The rules I made is I really don't like "kill" that is just to dark for me. :)
Also, you can take the guns away but they can turn anything into a gun.