Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Questions to the Universe

Whenever I feel like posing questions to the "Universe" I always think of my dear friend Christine who moved to San Diego.  She's a yogi (one who loves and is a certified yoga teacher).  I am missing her today.  So in honor of my friend I will pose some questions to "The Universe" this evening.  To me this simply means I ask a bunch of questions I don't really want to think about the answers to and I don't really want anyone else to answer me either.  Just feel like putting it out there.  I've been just a wee bit stressed today.

QUESTION:  Should I or should I not take my people to the fall festival at the local elementary school tomorrow evening?
I don't send them there for school.  I might feel like we're imposters.  A radical homeschool family invading the turf of the public school realm, posing as "normal" people.  Not to mention I'd feel like an idiot not knowing my way around a place a bunch of kindergartners can easily navigate.

QUESTION:  Was it wrong of me to send some members of my family to bed ridiculously early because they refused the food I served them for dinner?  Something in me snapped this evening.  I'm having a hard enough time motivating myself to prepare food.  Period.  I just couldn't take the rejection tonight.  I gave the ultimatum--- eat or go to bed.  I wasn't in a mood to negotiate. 

QUESTION:  Why will George not take long happy nappies during the day? It's just not worth 30 minutes of "recreational nursing" to get him to sleep only an 8 minute cat nap.  Please understand, I am extremely grateful he sleeps through the night.  I definitely need to sleep at night, but I've got a few things I need to get done during the day, too. 

QUESTION:  How do I lower Cannon's overall volume throughout the day?  He's just SO loud all day long.  The kids think it's hilarious to make threatening faces at him when he's wielding weapons (he can turn anything into a weapon).  Cannon can dish out the crusty looks but he CANNOT take them.  He runs screaming and loudly whimpering away.  I think he's the one waking George up all the day long.  Will he grow out of it?  Gone are our hours of peaceful family read aloud time.  How are we suppose to get our book club books read when he is terrorizing Faith for hours on end.  Time-outs seem futile.

QUESTION:  Why do I traditionally have my babies first professional picture taken at a studio at 2 1/2 months?  That's just when I happened to do it with Clark, so I've followed suit with all the others.  But it's kind of a shame that I picked that age because it's actually kind of the least cute age.  That probably sounds mean,  but by that time their baby head has grown so big that their hair looks really sparse before their new hair grows in.  And on that note, George has CHUNKED up in the last week!  I think he is my chunkiest baby yet.  How fun for me! 

QUESTION:  How many days will it take for my calves to not be tender and sore from morning walking?  It's feeling great to get up and get out walking before my people descend on me in the morning, but sheesh!  I'm sore.  Pathetic, but pregnancy will slow you down like that. 

QUESTION:  Will Clark and Elinor still have consistent improvement on the piano now that I am their official piano teacher?  If they can learn math from their mamma, can they learn the piano as well?  My pocketbook needed a break from paying for lessons and they needed a break from their old teacher.  I do teach 8 other kids, so I just gave them a scheduled lesson time as well.  We'll see how it goes!

Just for the record-- I know who the "Universe" really is. 

One last question.

Will I sleep well tonight? 
Good night, friends.

1 comment:

Mothership said...

This job is way harder than it looks.

I love you, my dear friend. You can do it!