Monday, November 15, 2010

Aren't I Suppose to Be Getting Better at This?

Parenting.  I've been at this parenting thing for 11+ years.  I realize I have many more years ahead of me--in fact some days I cannot see any end in sight.  But I do have a bit of experience, and I would have hoped I was getting better as I go along. 

But here's the reality.

My baby won't sleep during the day and Cannon got expelled from nursery yesterday.  It was just the usual 2-year-old terrorizing of the other children and incessant crying.  If he is sick (physically) we aren't seeing any symptoms. 
This was Cannon this evening--REFUSING to eat any of his dinner.  This is a nightly occurrence.  I don't know what to do.  Yeah, I know there is the "feed it to them for breakfast the next morning--give them nothing else until they eat it" philosophy.  But I'd rather not go there.   This is his "Don't hurt me--I'm scared of you!" face.
No one has ever actually hurt him.
The pumpkin sheet cake for dessert wasn't even enough to convince him to try a bite of his dinner.  Stinker.
You know I'm not crafty.  I do think I'm creative, but not crafty.  Nonetheless, I made the girls these flower bows at a Relief Society activity.  So what that half the ward will have the same bows?  They liked them.  And note that the bows are all the same color.  Sisters can't argue over them if they are all the same.  I guess I'm learning a few parenting tricks as I go!
Okay, I guess this is kind of wrong, but I miss girl babies.  And besides, George is so yummy here.
We just started reading King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table.  Consequently, my formal living room was transformed into some sort of round fort guarded by knights.  I love to see how our family read-alouds seep into their play.
 

1 comment:

Mothership said...

I always say that as soon as you get "good" at an age or a child, they change. They either enter some new and confusing phase, learn some new skill (like talking), or you have a new baby who breaks all the rules you thought were hard and fast for all children. Oh, my, this does Look easier than it really is!

I love your round table, by the way. I having a feeling that at your house, you can't be at the table unless you are unusually skilled at sword play and horsemanship. (: