Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Field Trip Day

With my masses of children we aren't doing much in the way of field trips these days.  Gone, (hopefully temporarily) are the days of packing it up for a day at the zoo or the dinosaur museum.  It is too hard to keep everybody fed and watered, let alone keeping track of everyone and making sure we leave with as many as we came with (think herding sheep). In a few years, when a few more of my people have a bit more judgment I'm sure we'll resume the field trip festivities.

Today was our "field trip" to the library to vote.  Now, we do go to the library fairly regularly, but not to VOTE!  That made it an exciting trip to the library!

I let the girls stand by me and watch me cast my secret ballot.  Oooh, secret ballots are so exciting.  I did draw the line at letting them actually press the screen.  Hey, they'll have their turn-- I need secret ballot excitement in my life, too.

As I signed in to vote I looked at the voter-volunteers, as I call them.  They are the LUCKY ladies and gentlemen who help you get all situated to vote.  I like them.  I want to be them.  I want to sit in the library all day greeting people and reveling in the beauty of democracy.  Someday.  Someday.  But not today-- I've many a mile to go before then.


Here's a shout-out to anyone who lives in Davis County-- GO VOTE!!!  My dad, Pete Cannon is running for the school board.  I expect him to win, unless someone has discovered the skeleton in his closet.

He has a daughter who home schools.  Shhh. Don't tell the papers.

1 comment:

jkmilligan said...

Ha, Ha, Ha! I have to laugh that your dad is running for the school board! That's awesome!