Sunday, November 14, 2010

Leaf Party 2010

We've been playing a lot lately.  Too much by some accounts.  However, Saturday was our last opportunity to have our leaf party, so we went for it. 
The participants--tummies full of pizza and ready to play.
First order of business-- rake the leaves into a HUGE pile.
Then throw the leaves on anybody you can find.  Preferably on the boy or girl you hate/like the most. 
Finally, squeal with delight as you swing from the tree swing and land in the giant pile of leaves!!!!!  Doesn't that make you wish you were a kid again?
I got a hold of a rake and showed the kids my favorite childhood game-- raking the leaves into rooms and hallways and roads. 
The circular princess suite.
I feel that we have sufficiently enjoyed our leaves.  They have decorated my lawn for long enough.  Now they can just disappear until next fall. 
What?
You mean we have to rake them and bag them ourselves?  Bummer.

6 comments:

Mothership said...

I love it. You are a great mother.

And look at you're blog! Fun new format and pictures. I'm so glad you've bumped up the amount of postings these past few months. It helps me keep tabs and stayed inspired by your mothering.

Inspiration Station said...

I've never heard of this game. So fun! I wish I had enough leaves to even buy a rake in our yard. Our trees are way too little still. I just love the photo on top of your family in the leaves. And what do you do about exercising in this cold?

Betsy Fox said...

Mindy,
We're still going in the morning-- just bundling up.

Abe Fox said...

In the last picture of this post, Clark and a younger friend are actually trying to SWIM in the leaves!!

Matt and Misty said...

Im lovin' the blog makeover - super cute! I especially love the picture of the whole family with the leaves. Adorable! We are getting really excited to see you guys. Love ya lots!

toni said...

Super cute post!! I tried telling Teeghan about raking leaves into a home with hallways and he just didn't get it and thought I was weird! I am so glad to see you showing your kids how much fun outside can be! :)