Monday, November 22, 2010

Traitors

We are renting a suburban for a few days.  Abe picked it up from the car rental place this evening.  It's nice.  Really nice.  And spacious.  Really spacious.  It broke my heart to hear my family transfer their affections so readily to another car. 

Elinor:  This is SOOOO nice, can we buy this car?
Clark:  This smells like an airport bus, only better.  (he meant this as a compliment)
Bethany:  This is a vacation just to ride in this car.
Clark:  This is a holiday within a holiday.

Where is the love?  Where is the loyalty?  Our minivan has been good to us.  Sure, it's a little snug these days, but come on!  After all it has done for us.  I'm afraid our minivan could hear my family speaking thus, and it will retaliate by breaking down right before Christmas.  That will teach us to cheat on our car.

1 comment:

camfox said...

I hope you guys have a great trip! Sounds like it'll be fabulous.