Thursday, December 2, 2010

More Thanksgiving Adventures

Abe's parents live on top of a small mountain (or large hill).  Under the best circumstances, it is an adventure to get to their house because the road is very curvy and steep and there are a couple of large gates to get through.
But when there is snow on the ground it can be downright treacherous. 
Our car made it about  2/3 of the way up the mountain, but then we weren't able to drive any further.  Abe's dad has a truck with great tires that can pull another car up the rest of the way, but he wasn't home when we got in and wouldn't be home for another 3 hours.  So we hoofed it up the mountain in the snow.  Talk about adventurous!  I was on the lookout for cougars and wolves.  
Giant icicles are fun.  Dangerous, but fun.  I think Grandma will find this one in her deep freezer.  Surprise!

Grandpa shows no mercy in air hockey. 

And no mercy in checkers either.

They saved two wishbones for the kids to pull.  Faith vs. Elinor.  Elinor has the height advantage-- does that matter-- I don't know.
Clark vs. Bethany.  Yikes, Clark-- you look so fierce!  Where do you get such a competitive nature?
I mean, really Clark,  it is just for fun!


There's no reason to get so bent out of shape about a simple wish bone. 


For the record, my son is undefeated in wishbone pulling.  Is your kid?  I didn't think so.

2 comments:

Mothership said...

Hey, I made that hike once. (:

I love Elinor's face while the two oldest are breaking the wish bone. Too funny!

I'm glad you got to head up there. I hope you didn't have too many snow problems--we are going up for Christmas this year and crossing our fingers for O.K. roads.

Abe Fox said...

We know all too well the awesome story of your hike with several little ones AND a plate of cookies......it is now the stuff of LEGEND in the Fox Family!!