Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

  What's the matter with you people?  Why aren't you in bed?  It's only 6 AM.  Oh that's right-- it's Christmas morning.   6:00 is a very reasonable hour for Christmas morning.  They had congregated in the girls' room and were making quite a ruckus.  This is what all the excitement was about...
At our house Santa brings you your favorite sugar cereal and chips.  He really does it as a favor to me so that I don't have to cook ANYTHING all day long.  We always do a nice Christmas Eve dinner, but I don't know if I've ever eaten a big Christmas Day dinner in my whole life. 
What can I say?  She is a dream.
One happy camper.
A Barbie make-up kit makes for one happy 7 year-old.
Boots have been on Bethany's wish-list for quite a while.  Enjoy them!
Have I mentioned that Clark only wanted Heroscape sets for Christmas?  He got them.  Not much else, but he got them.  He's in a Heroscape trance right now.  I expect him to return to us right around January 3rd.  If he doesn't come back voluntarily, we will forcibly retrieve him.  He's in heaven right now.
I made George a blanket for Christmas.  He wasn't too impressed, but perhaps he'll appreciate it in years to come. 
I think we'll move our morning celebrations down to the family room next year.  We were a bit snug in our front room. 
Abe has made a delicious British fried breakfast on Christmas morning ever since his mission to London.  He makes fried eggs, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms, (do you see the theme?) fried bacon, fried sausage, fried bread, and baked beans (not fried).
As a result of eating this meal, you don't have to eat for a whole week.  Dad and Bev always join us for breakfast.
Elinor already had a bike, but Bethany got hers for Christmas.  The bike baskets were a favorite and since we obviously didn't have a white Christmas, the girls went for a test ride.
Cannon got Lego motorcycles that Clark helped him build.  He has been carrying them around ever since.  When he woke up this morning, still holding them I explained to him that he shouldn't take his motorcycles to nursery because the other kids might break them.
He told me, "Other kids break them?  I fight them with swords!" 
Oh my! 
The early reasoning did no good, because he was unwilling to part with them when it was time to go to nursery.  He did a good job of protecting them and brought them home still intact. 

And what did Santa bring me?  

He gave me a nap in the afternoon and a wonderfully relaxing Christmas day with happy children.  We had been invited somewhere to dinner, but since we make it a policy not to get dressed, we had to turn down the offer.  
I enjoy the day when I can give my children everything they want and I don't have to make them do anything, and I don't feel a bit guilty.   Good times.

2 comments:

jkmilligan said...

Glad you had a nice and relaxing Christmas! I love the cereal and chips idea. We hope to have a relaxing Christmas one day;). Packing and traveling Christmas day always adds some stress. It's good to be with family though.

Ali said...

I am so glad you guys had a nice Christmas! Looks like the kids enjoyed their haul!

Love you!