Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Recital 2010

I had a recital for all of my piano students this evening.  Including my own kiddos, 13 children performed.  They all did beautifully and I was so proud of each of them.
Clark is a worrier, so he always thoroughly prepares.  He did have one funny moment at the beginning of Joy to the World where he couldn't remember where to start the song.  But he figured it out and then it was perfection.
He certainly doesn't look like a little boy anymore, does he?  Sigh.
 Faith played in her first recital---we did a duet of We Three Kings.  Her instructions were to play as loud as she could and to play as fast as she could (she tended to play it very slowly).  She did so well and didn't have any nerves to deal with.  I guess that doesn't come till you get older.
Elinor played The First Noel.  I've always loved that Christmas song, but it is actually pretty tricky to play.  Elinor has practiced this song so hard for so long, that I think we're both sick to death of it.   Maybe next year we'll be able to enjoy it again.  I am very proud of how hard she's worked on it and the progress she is making.
  Since Bethany missed her recent violin recital when we were out of town, I had her play at my piano recital.  Such are the perks of having a piano teacher for a mother!  She played Suzuki book 3 Bouree by Bach.  Man, oh man, did she play fast!  Too fast.  But she did it without mistakes so I guess that's all right.  Bethany always plays her best when she is performing.  She gets laser-focused and rarely makes mistakes in recitals.  Lucky girl!

Everyone did great and now we all get to take a little break for the holidays.  Happy day!

2 comments:

Bonita said...

How fun!
Suzuki book 3 was my favorite one to play out of! She must feel so accomplished-those pieces aren't THAT easy.

camfox said...

Really neat. I'd love to see videos of all their performances! Cute dresses too.