Monday, January 10, 2011

I Guess I Needed to Hear That

It is not good form to steal from another blog, but I read this quote moments ago and IT SPOKE TO ME!  So I must share it.

“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”
                                                        Johann Wolfgang von Goethe-- German writer

So painfully true.  I haven't been doing a very good job of this lately.  I must do better.  I must be calmer, kinder, gentler.  My apologies to my family.

Yikes, this is like the "Mother Anthem".  This should be put to music and sung while standing at every gathering of women.  You know, like if you go out to eat with girlfriends you must stand and sing this song before your meal comes.  At all ladies book club gatherings, scrap-booking parties, before your pedicures-- you must stand and sing the anthem of motherhood.

If this quote speaks to you too, I fully give you permission to steal it and post it on your blog.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I think this applies to everyone. We all have the ability to make a difference to what is going on around us!