Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Japanese Gift

This is my sister, Brig (short for Brigitta).  This is her husband, Dev (not short for anything, but I call him Devonshire--I can't help myself).  As a Christmas gift to Abe and I, they took us to a fancy-pants Japanese restaurant called Kyoto.  I think Kyoto is Japanese for yummy. 

No, that's not true, but it could be because our dinner was delicioso-- which actually is Spanish for delicious.  But I digress. 

The food was fantastic and the company was marvelous.  Devonshire served his mission to Japan.  I think it was quite authentic, except that I'm sure we ate more than any Japanese person would ever eat in one sitting.  Probably more than they would eat in a week's worth of sittings.
Mmmmm.  Yummy soup.  It has tofu in it.  I quite like tofu.  I think I will learn how to cook with tofu.
Mmmm.  Yummy salad.  I like meals with lots of courses.  It's so much fancier than the one stop casserole featured at our house many nights.  And it takes longer to eat, and I like to eat, so I get to enjoy it that much longer.  Besides, if I'm having several courses it probably means I'm not the one doing the cooking and serving-- and I really like that.
Georgie came with us because he is my appendage, but he was a good little appendage.  
He is not a happy appendage even as I type this, so I'm off....