Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Cause for Celebration

Look.  LOOK!  This is my newest niece-- Aliyah.  Have you ever seen a more gorgeous head of hair on a baby?  On anybody?  EVER?  AHHHHH!  I was dying. 

My brother Matt and his wife Misty came to town this weekend to bless this little treasure with their family.  I hadn't seen her yet.  I was aching to hold her and she was all I hoped she would be!

So sorry, Matt and Misty, you cannot take her back to Washington. 
My siblings and I will all have babies within one year of each other this year.  Here are 3 of the 4.  The 4th isn't born yet.
I MUST HAVE ANOTHER GIRL BABY!!!!!  I know this sounds very greedy, especially to my sister-in-law, Katie, who has been blessed with five boys and no girls, but there it is. 
"What, Mom?  Don't you love us, boys?"

Well of course I do.  But can I put bows in your hair?  Can I make you wear pink dresses?  Can I doll you up? 

No, I cannot.   I should not.  But I'd better have another girl so I'm not tempted to!

3 comments:

Katie Fox said...

Yes very greedy of you Betsy :)
I have been needing to help Parker with his hair because for the first time in his life it is really long. I admit that I will sit and comb it a little bit to long fantasizing of brushing a little girls hair (insert sheepish grin).
I would love one but I honestly don't know what I would do with one now, some major parts will be missing and that would be VERY different :P Don't get me wrong I will take a girl if I can, but it would be very different.

Gabrielle Kim said...

Faith says to me today in primary...
"Do you want to know the bad thing about my Aunt Misty? She lives WAY TOO FAR away. I don't even know how many minutes we have to drive to visit her!"

Adorable!

Matt and Misty said...

As her Aunt Misty I love the last comment! I love your whole family! I'm so lucky to be a part of you all. Thanks for all of your help and love this last weekend.