Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Cause For Celebration

Elinor is eight years old!
Forget celebrating for one day-- or even for one week.  Elinor has been in celebration mode for the last week and will be for the next week as she prepares for her baptism day.  
Our wonderful Barbara took Els out to lunch on Monday and then shopping for a spring dress.
I think they made a lovely choice!
She was excited to get her scriptures on her birthday.
And she has hot hula hoop moves.  I used to have hot hula hoop skills.  I thought I still did, until I tried it in the store.  Not pretty.  I probably shouldn't try to hula hoop at all, but especially not in Walmart.
Have you ever heard of Sing-a ma Jigs?  You push on their tummies and they sing one note per push.  If you have more than one they will harmonize with each other.  They are really fun to play with, but as you might imagine they do start to grate on the nerves after a while.  The girls all got them for their birthdays.  Will I regret this decision?  Perhaps.
Allison took Elinor out to lunch last Saturday.  That started off the birthday celebrations. 
Uncle Matt loaded her up with cold, hard cash.

Now.  I'm just going to say it.  All this celebrating has gone to Elinor's head.  The gifts, the lunches, the money, the day off of any chores.  We encountered a wee bit of attitude today.  

Don't tell Elinor this, but I don't think her attitude held a candle to the sass I could produce at her age.  Sorry sweetie.  Nice try.  Happy birthday, I love you.

1 comment:

Gabrielle Kim said...

Happy Birthday Elinor! Your 8th birthday is the best, you should celebrate for weeks.

p.s. I feel the same was about ice cream with sprinkles :)