Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thoughtful

Every year Jesse and Amy (Abe's brother and sister-in-law) send us lilies on Tessa's anniversary.  It is so sweet of them and I love the way they make the house smell.

Speaking of Jesse and Amy, but mostly speaking of Amy, she is the aunt who ALWAYS remembers to send cards for everyone's special occasions.  I had an aunt like that when I was growing up.  It was Aunt Marie and Uncle John.  Probably it was just Aunt Marie, but she was nice and signed Uncle John's name too.  No matter what state or country we lived in, I always got a birthday card from them.  Never missed a year.

I think that is remarkable.  I think my sister-in-law, Amy is remarkable.  She is a busy woman with six kids and yet she does this thoughtful thing that takes time, money, and organization.  I guess it is the organization factor that really wows me.  Abe's family is HUGE and I'm guessing she does this for each member.  Wow!

Twenty years from now at family reunions every niece and nephew will remember Aunt Amy as the one who thoughtfully remembered them on their birthday.  Aunt Betsy???  Who is she?   Oh that's right-- she is married to nice Uncle Abe.  

I've asked Amy about her system for being so amazingly punctual on sending out the cards.  She tried to explain it to me, but I don't think my brain was even able to understand the system, much less execute it. 

That was a long way of saying thank you, Amy.  You're kindness is very much appreciated.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so sweet, but I find it odd that you posted a picture of the box and not the actual flowers.

Betsy Fox said...

Very observant of you, Andrea-- but there is a good reason. The flowers are lilies that come very tightly closed and they take several days to open. Also, it is the same box that comes every year, so just the box alone makes me happy!

Abe Fox said...

To Jesse and Amy Fox -

Thank you VERY much. You do not realize how much we cherish your annual lillies.....and they fill the house with such a beautiful scent, which has now become a part of Tessa to us. She may not be with us, but with those flowers in the house.....she is....for a week or so.

THANK YOU!!