Thursday, March 17, 2011

And A Happy St. Patty's Day To You

Several years ago when the kids were younger we regularly had two teenage girls come and babysit.  Chelsea and Janiel were wonderful.  They were the kind of babysitters that were thrilled to be there, they loved the kids and they often came with planned games to play.

The house wasn't always cleaned up when they left, but it was totally worth it.

For a couple of St. Patrick's Days in a row the girls came and put on a spectacular leprechaun hunt with a candy treasure at the end.  'Lenny the Leprechaun' would leave clues around and a treasure hunt ensued.  They went all out to make it super fun for the kids.

Years after Clark had accepted the truth about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy-- he could not accept that leprechauns were not real.  He could not figure out how Chelsea and Janiel could have pulled off the miracle of Lenny the Leprechaun. 

The joy of this now, is that Clark puts on a Leprechaun hunt every St. Patty's Day for all the other kids.  He stayed up waaaaay too late last night working on it, but how could I say no? 

I thought it was so clever (I realize I am his mother), so I will share it for your (and my) St. Patty's Day pleasure!
Please don't criticize the spelling-- it's a work in progress.  Just enjoy the thrill of the treasure hunt!
He wrote all the clues himself.  I am a proud mama.
Oooh,  My man-child knows his history of St. Patrick!
Hee hee! Hee hee!
'Jiggety Jig' is an Irish jig song Clark plays on the piano.
I hope he never stops doing leprechaun hunts with the younger kids.  I hope I bawl my eyes out the first St. Patrick's Day he lives away from home and isn't here to do it.  
BUT... would you believe the little stinkers did the hunt while I was gone on my walk this morning???  Sadness.  That is almost the equivalent of doing Easter baskets or Christmas stockings without me.  Fortunately Abe is handy with the camera, so we have pictures.
Still-- I missed this moment of discovery of the gold coin treasure. 

2 comments:

Ali said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Clark!

Amy F. said...

What a cute tradition! It's great when your kids are so excited about the holidays!