Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Big Day

Elinor got baptized on Saturday.  It was a beautiful day for her and for our family.
Grandpa Fox baptized her and Abe confirmed her a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
There were four children, including Elinor's cousin, Annie, from our ward getting baptized, so there were a lot of people involved in the day, but it all worked out well.  We did lose track of Faith at one point, but she was safe and sound sitting with another family.  

They had a lot to celebrate!
We went over to our church house for a luncheon afterward.  Did I go overboard in my planning of things?  Perhaps.   
But in my defense, my mother loved a good party and I think she gets to help me out from the other side when it comes to planning events.  I appreciate it!  My girls and I had a fun time putting things together.
Grandma Fox and her aunt, Aunt Marie.  Aunt Marie and Uncle Bob are so sweet to come to our special events.
And now the weekend is all done.  It was a lot of work to get everything ready, but it was well worth it.  I am feeling so relaxed as I write this post, thinking of all the good memories we have.   Thank you to all our family and friends who helped out and shared this time with us.  

3 comments:

jkmilligan said...

I am so impressed with your party planning! It looks great! Congrats to Elinor!

Ali said...

Such a beautiful day for two beautiful girls! Congrats Elinor & Annie!

Amy F. said...

Thanks for all you did to make this happen Abe & Betsy! They had a very special day. What cuties.