Monday, March 14, 2011

A Post Without a Title

Grandma Barbara is taking the kids out on a date for their birthdays this year.  Bethany was so excited to go this past Saturday.
Abe and I are so grateful to have other people who love our children and help nurture and raise them.  
And if this picture is any indication--- we need all the help we can get!

In my defense, the girls dressed Cannon up without my knowledge.  I guess I did run for the camera and have him pose, but what would you have done?  

Cannon, I'm sorry I let this happen to you.  I won't the girls do this again.  But you are pretty cute.
Oh, help-- I need to have another girl.
Bethany created this hair style for me while we finished our read aloud book for book club, The Golden Goblet.  I LOVE to have my hair brushed and played with.  It is so relaxing to me.  I will pay my children to brush my hair for me-- it's cheaper than the hair salon. 
Most of you don't know this handsome young man, but he makes the blog today because he was about the only one who appreciated the Fig Newtons we ate at our kids' book club today.  He kept coming back for more.  Our book was set in ancient Egypt and the main character ate figs.  Fig Newtons were as close as we could get.  According to one young man, "Fig Newtons taste like moldy old chocolate".

Shush yo moth.  Din't jo mama eva tell you 'if you can't say sompin nice, don say nuttin at all'.

I love these kids.  I love that I can treat them like my own!

 Cannon's conversation with his nursery teacher on Sunday:

Cannon:  enthusiastically  I'm getting baptized!
Teacher:  Oh?  When are you getting baptized?
Cannon:  My mom will call you!


Cannon's conversation with Clark in the car on the way home from church:

Clark:  I'm dying to go fishing!
Cannon:  I will save you!
Clark:  How will you save me?
Cannon:  fist pumping I will fight the fish!
Clark:  laughing, then to mom  I'm so glad Cannon is my brother
Cannon:  throwing his arms around Clark  I'm so proud of you, Clark!
Clark:  It was so fun picking him up from nursery
Cannon:  I missed you so much!

I concur with Clark, I am so glad Cannon is in our family.

We had a grand time this evening celebrating Bethany's birthday by going to see Tangled (I know, we're so current with movies) and getting dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Cannon.  A very fun night for us.  Abe took the kiddos home afterward while George and I shopped for Bethany's birthday gifts.
Apparently, some people like to plan ahead and not buy their child's gifts the night before their birthday, racing against the stores closing.  BORING!  I must not have enough excitement in my life and I crave that thrill.

Not.

But the gifts are bought and I will try to do better next year.  Like she cares when the gifts were bought as long as they are there tomorrow morning.  Oh, shoot.  I still have to wrap them.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

That boy is so going to have something to say when you show these pictures to his "intended". I will even enjoy viewing them in his wedding montage.

And....Michael didn't even receive his birthday present (purchased the day before his birthday) because of certain behaviors that need some SERIOUS attention. I think you're a much nicer mom!