Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Past, Present and Future

PAST:  Birthday season is over.  This is happy news to me.  Cannon's birthday is at the end of May, but after three girl birthdays in less than a month, I'm a little party-pooped.  The girls all have new roller-blades to show for all the festivities.

 PRESENT:  Allergy season is beginning to rear it's ugly head.  They are getting worse every year and I loathe taking medicine because it makes me kind of crazy.   I feel like I hallucinate in my sleep.  Does that happen to any of you?  Sudafed makes me cuckoo.  My throat is itchy and my contacts are really irritating my eyes.  Blah.  I will suffer for the next two months.  I'll feel better just in time for Abe to start suffering from grass pollen.  My nemesis is tree pollen.  Oh wait, Abe just has allergy-like symptoms, but will NOT acknowledge that he actually has allergies. 

FUTURE:  We are getting really excited for our trip to St. Louis for FIRST Lego League.  Abe is in planning heaven and he helps me fall asleep each night by regaling me with details about the trip's itinerary.  I appreciate so much what he does, but my brain struggles to follow his thought process.

PAST:  I hosted my neighborhood book club this evening.  We read and discussed Three Cups of Tea.  Of course we had to start by having tea (herbal tea).  It went very well.  For starters, people came.  That is important. I always worry about that first thing.   But then the company and discussion was great.

PRESENT:  We put a pack-n-play in our room for George to sleep in. 
He never sleeps there.  He still sleeps in a bouncy chair in the bathroom.  And guess what's in the pack-n-play?  Yep, it's the laundry waiting to be folded. 
The problem is that the clean laundry is now so conveniently out of the way, that I'm not getting it folded and my people have to fish for their clothing.
But I ask you, is that so hard for them?  I get the laundry clean, don't I?  Is it too much to ask them to search for their clean clothes?  Ungrateful offspring. 
Just kidding, the little darlings love and appreciate their mama.  That is some serious positive thinking on my part.

FUTURE:  I see a lot of laundry folding in my future tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Mothership said...

Justin says: Try Zyrtec generic (cetirizine)--it's over the counter now. It's second generation (which means it has been refined a bit) so shouldn't make you as drowsy as some of the others. He also says that if that doesn't work, try Flonase (fluticasone). It is a prescription and shouldn't make you drowsy at all. A lot of people really like it.

Love,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Student Pharmacist

Baden said...

I'd love to hear how you liked Three Cups of Tea! Greg Mortenson is coming to Gonzaga on Monday and Baden and I are going to go here him speak. I think he's great! I am continually amazed by all you accomplish in your busy life! I have about a third of your load and I am ready to tip!!

Gabrielle Kim said...

I love that you have a designated spot for the laundry you didn't fold. Mine just ends up on the floor. For some reason getting the laundry folded and put away is the hardest thing to do!