Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear Family,

 Dear George,
It would be very helpful if you could speak right now.  Perhaps you could tell me what is bugging you these days.  Is it your teeth?  It is about time that you got some, but no sign of them yet.  The fever really threw me off the track this week, but the Dr. confirmed you don't have any ear infections.  As your Mama, I would really appreciate it if you would get this irritability all out of your system before you come on a really long car trip. 
Love, 
Mommy
Dear Elinor,
I'm so happy your softball season is finally in full swing.  All the rain really slowed up the start of the season.  Your games get me outdoors soaking up some vitamin D and the sunshine is very good for my state of mind. I particularly enjoyed listening to you leading a chant for your team about burying the other team in the softball cemetery when you beat them.  I'm so proud of your good sportsmanship! I thought it was a little over-dramatic when you said you would kill yourself if your team was blue again this year, but nonetheless, we're both happy you're team color is pink.  What a relief!
Love, 
Mom
Dear Joker... I mean Faith,
It looks like you really enjoyed our early Easter celebration this year.  We won't be in town next weekend, but we always celebrate the Easter Bunny festivities on Saturday anyway.  You are a good example of why.   Chocolate+sugar+candy=crazy children.  Like I want to deal with that on Sunday morning.  I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad you consumed all your candy so quickly so it's all gone for Monday morning.  By the way, you were super cute when you gave your talk in Primary today.
Love,
Mommy
Dear Cannon,
Is that chocolate egg you're eating good?  The Easter Bunny was so sure you would love this Duplo Lego Cars set.  And I think you did, but I guess you really liked Clark's regular motorcycle Lego set.  Please stop taking his Legos and then running away screaming when he comes after you to get it back.  Oh, and it looks like you probably need another haircut soon.  I'll put that on my list of things to do before the big trip.
Love, 
Mommy
Dear Bethany,
You have been so helpful with the little ones lately.  Please forgive Daddy and I for being rather grouchy this weekend.  We've got a lot going on to get things ready for the trip, but that's no excuse.  I loved watching your heart being touched when the Special Needs Mutual came and did a Sacrament program for our ward today.  Also I'm sorry that our big trip coincides with your dance competition and you will miss it this year.  Thank you for being understanding.   
Love,
Mom
Dear Pi Pod... I mean Clark,
No, actually I do mean Pi Pod.  I see some of these boys so much I feel like they are my own.  I can only imagine how the team coaches feel.  What a fun ride it has been so far and we are all so excited for the adventure you're about to have in St. Louis.  You are awesome boys and we're so glad to get to interact with you and your families.  Oh, and Clark, we're looking forward to watching you in Much Ado About Nothing at the Midvale Main Street Theater on Wednesday and Thursday night.  That being said-- it's pretty much entirely your fault that we have an unbelievably crazy, busy week this week.  We love you anyway!
Love, 
Mom
Dear Abe,
Thank you for doing Easter eggs with the children.  They really wanted to and you made it happen.  My apologies to you for our misunderstandings this weekend.  We are only a few short days away from getting on the road and beginning our Great Plains adventure.  I love you!