Monday, April 4, 2011

Marian the Librarian

A few nights back I wrote a scathing blog post about the unfriendliness of my local librarians.  It wasn't very nice (even if it was true) and I felt badly, so 15 minutes after I posted it I deleted it.  At the end of the post I mentioned that my library card would probably be flagged in the system and they would confiscate my card or something.

This evening I stopped by the library to grab a few books I had on hold.  As I tried to check them out a screen popped up that said, "ERROR:  There may be a problem with your account.  Please see a librarian."

How did they find me?  How did they know?  I did ask a librarian who confirmed that there was nothing wrong with my account and she could not explain the ERROR screen.

Yeah, well I know why.

Dear Librarian,
I'm sorry I said mean things about you.  I don't think very many people read it.  I won't do it again.   You were very nice to let me go over my limit of 30 checked out items.  I've been very responsible the last two weeks and I don't have any fines.  Please forgive me and reinstate me as a patron of good library standing and let me use my card again. 
Sincerely,
Betsy

1 comment:

Gabrielle Kim said...

Banned from the library? You rebel!