Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Night

 ------Cannon is potty trained!!!!  If you know his personality, you can imagine how many laughs have been involved in the process.  My favorite is after he goes potty he runs downstairs and yells at the top of his lungs, "I had tinkles and chocolate!"
Yes, you know what chocolate means. 
It's taken him a little while, but he has been very agreeable and cooperative.  And he has made sure the whole family has been a part of his success.

-----Faith got a haircut this week.  Her hair was quite long and it is now just below her shoulders and very cute.  I kind of wish she went even shorter.  Maybe I'm getting tired of my own long hair and I'm living vicariously.

-----Abe and I had a very nice date this evening.  I love his company and love to hear him talk.  Not that I don't do my fair share of talking, but his voice is very soothing to me.  I would rather listen to him tell me about a movie than actually watch a movie myself.  Most recently he told me about The Tourist because I was too tired to stay up and watch it.

-----Elinor was sick yesterday and went to bed at about 5:30 yesterday evening.  She slept all the way through the night, but woke up kind of early.  Abe got up with her and then he took her to her softball game today, so they had a lot of father/daughter bonding time.  She needed a little one-on-one time with Dad.

-----Clark and Abe went to talk to a local man who runs the Salt Lake Reptile Rescue Service.  Clark would like to do some volunteer work, taking care of the animals, feeding them, cleaning cages and such.  This evening while I worked on my Sharing Time for Primary tomorrow, he talked to me for about an hour and a half straight about all the awesome reptiles this guy has.  The man told Clark that getting bitten at some point was pretty much guaranteed.  Clark said he was good with that.
So let me get this straight, you are good with getting bit by snakes, but if Cannon bares his teeth to you, you would scream like a little girl?

-----Bethany was a big help to me this evening making tons of "silver plates" to engrave testimonies on in Primary tomorrow.  We're going to make our own Primary Testament of Jesus Christ.  We covered 100 quartered sheets of card stock with aluminum foil.  We'll put hinged rings through them to hold them together.  I'm quite excited!!

-----I tried to keep up on the laundry since getting home from our trip and I did great for about 5 days, but it got boring.  So I started reading more books and that was way more exciting, but now there's a lot of laundry to do again.  This week I enjoyed The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society  (strange title, but enjoyable book) and  The Wide Sargasso Sea.  This coming week I need to finish A Tale of Two Cities. 
How do I find time to read, you wonder?  I just told you-- I've stopped doing my laundry.  I've stopped doing my hair as well, which is why I really shouldn't have long hair.  All of my pony tail holders should be confiscated and given to someone more worthy who won't abuse them.  Maybe you know that I have this crazy idea to grow my hair out and sell it.  I know it is rather mercenary of me to sell it rather than donating it, but...

It's kind of romantic. 
I sold my hair to pay for my daughter's dance lessons.
I sold my hair to finish a room in the basement for my son.
I sold my hair to pay for my husband's master's degree.
I sold my hair to buy an iPad.

Oh, wait.  That last one is kind of pathetic, but I would like an iPad.  Who knows?  My hair will probably go gray before it gets long enough anyway.  There are a lot of things in my life that I never pictured myself doing-- homeschooling six children topping the list.  Growing my hair out long to sell it is perhaps a close second. 

It is late.

No comments: