Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lucky Little Ladies

He is a man of many talents--getting a cookie from his forehead to his mouth with no hands is just part of what makes him so attractive! 
Our activity day girls had a Daddy-Daughter night and Elinor was very concerned that Abe wasn't enough dad to go around for both her and Bethany.  She decided it would be best to call Grandpa Cannon and ask him to be her date.  He lovingly agreed and Elinor was thrilled!
Yummy ice cream sundays with MASSES of toppings!
Can you imagine how this man is going to weep on her wedding day?
This is our writing class teacher, Chante.  She is darling and has such a classic style that is all her own.  I quite like her and I think she did a great job with teaching this enthusiastic group of young people.  She taught three classes, helping the kids to write essays. Then on our last class (yesterday) she led them in an academic symposium.  The kids dressed up and presented their papers, followed by everyone else asking questions.
Bethany wrote about sleep.  She began with, "I come from a long line of deep sleepers.  My mother is a deep sleeper, my grandfather is a deep sleeper, my great-grandfather and so on and so forth".
Clark wrote about why reptiles make good pets.  Surprise, surprise!  First and foremost, they live in terrariums and so they don't pee on your carpet.  
Bethany has one big school thing to finish up, but the other kids officially started summer break today.  I'm pretty sure she'll get this last project done quickly once she sees the goodness of summer vacation with very little school work! 

4 comments:

Amy F. said...

My kids love to watch Minute to Win it. Abe's talent would serve him well there! I feel like eating cookies after seeing one!! Also, I'm a little jealous you're enjoying summer...we've still got a month of homeschool left. It will be nice to be done!

Abe Fox said...

What a wonderful view.....straight up my noise!?! As Bets might say "How Lovely!"

Vanessa said...

I love your blog! Can I be a mom like you one day? i hope so!

Betsy Fox said...

Vanessa-- you are kind-- I think the same thing about you when I see all the amazing things you do with your girls. Plus I would love to be a "blogger" like you!