Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Something is Fishy Around Here

The day after my sister told me she was moving to Texas my dad called me to ask me if I had any kids who would like to go fishing with him.  Did he sense I wasn't dealing with the news very well and I needed a break?  Or did he just truly want to go fishing and wanted company.  I'm not sure, but I don't care, I was grateful.
Clark was away at 11 year-old scout camp, but Bethany and Elinor were so happy to have Grandpa to themselves for an afternoon of fishing at Rock Point Reservoir.  
And the fishing was GOOD!!!!!!  At least for Elinor it was good.  Beginner's luck?  No way-- it's obvious she is gifted!
Yeah, uh... the fishing wasn't so good for Bethany.  I suppose she isn't as gifted as Elinor.  Just kidding-- that is silly. 
Actually, the fish probably sensed Bethany's negative "fish energy".  They knew she wouldn't appreciate eating them if she caught them.  They gravitated to Elinor because they knew she would eat them and thus their lives would have purpose.  If Bethany caught them their lives would be meaningless and made a mockery. 
That explanation makes much more sense and isn't silly at all.
Very fun for Elinor!  I'm pretty sure if I had been there nobody would have caught anything because I have serious negative fish energy.  I really don't do sea food-- which includes anything that lives it's life in water.  Perhaps that's why I've never been invited to go along fishing.  I'm okay with that, but I am so glad the kids have a grandpa that will take them. 

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

Elinor and Bethany's facial expressions are PERFECT at expressing their feelings. I got a good chuckle out of that photo!! How nice of your Dad to take them out!

christini yogini said...

Ohhh! Lucky girls! Fishing with Grandpa is always such a special time!!!