Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Piano Man

Sometimes my people happily practice their instruments and say things like, "I really like playing the piano."

Sometimes.

Sometimes it's not so pretty.  Sometimes there are tears and banging of piano keys.  For a few years there were always tear stains on Bethany's violin.  Fortunately, for several years we've been very consistent and so nowadays there is very little drama from the oldest three associated with music practice.

Now the drama is from the little ones who want desperately their turn to play.  Faith begs and begs for me to practice with her.  Cannon regularly gives us performances, complete with introduction, of "The Scary Monster Song".   And now Georgie wants in on the action.  

If you look closely you can see tears on his face from the baby-tantrum he threw to get Bethany to pick him up and let him play.
He turns one this month.  GADZOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Was he, or was he not just barely born?  Was I, or was I not just barely pregnant with him?  Do I, or do I not still wear the maternity clothes I wore when I was pregnant with him?
Wait!  Don't answer that!
Minus the snotty nose, is he, or is he not the most scrumptious chubby-tubby on the planet?  And I need not ask the question--does he or does he not have the best head of baby helmet hair on the planet?

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

Well....since I do have a baby of my own, I can't say that George is the MOST scrumptious, but I will say he is definitely up there in deliciousness. I agree with you totally on the hair point. Asher is quite bald still. This is one of your family's gifts in life. Good hair!! Even as babies!