Friday, July 29, 2011

Security and Peace

Yesterday we did something that greatly increased my sense of security. I can now sleep more peacefully at night.  I can reach into dark corners with confidence.  There is a barrier protecting my home and my people from a great evil that lurks all over the world.
I called my neighbor who runs a non-contract, super reasonably priced pest control business.  He is also the neighbor who employs my children by having them staple rubber bands to fliers and Clark delivers them.  He is also the neighbor who really helped us out by doing a bit of work on our van a little while back.

Have I mentioned, we all really appreciate this wonderful neighbor?

If you live around these parts and you've got bugs, you should call him.  Lane Wright-- Wright Pest Control. 

And as if that wasn't enough excitement for one day...
I gave myself a sweaty workout by mowing the lawn in the middle of the day with a baby on my back.  I am woman, hear me roar!

I realize I didn't look very lovely and ladylike, but it was a good workout.  You know lovely and ladylike isn't really my forte anyway.  I do try, but...  BUT can you see my muscles!?!  Those are from toting babies around for the last 12 years.
I am mother, he me ROAR!
He is Batman.  He is really fun.  Never a dull moment.  Ever.
Sometimes I'd like some dull moments, but they are not to be.
And truth be told, I don't really want him to change at all.  I quite like him the way he is.

1 comment:

camfox said...

LOVE the lawn mowing bit.
I'm not so lady-like either, and on occasion when Nathan is really busy, I love to surpise him by mowing the lawn- it's pretty gratifying work eh? But I've never done it with a baby on my back. I'm so glad to took that picture with your big muscles!